Through the lens of Laura Ancherani of Organicography: Arts on the Square 2014

Thursday, August 14, 2014
It was so much fun to pARTner up with wedding & lifestyle photographer Laura Ancherani of Organicography to photograph Arts on the Square.  We think you’ll agree Laura captured some amazing moments On The Square!




What is your background?
I grew up loving all forms of art and performance but didn't get into photography and design until later in life. I am completely self-taught in photography with no formal training but I am currently studying graphic design at Marywood University.




When did you get into photography?
I began shooting in 2000 when my family moved to the country. I would go on long walks and just shoot nature and the town with my mom's camera. Once people saw my work there was a snowball effect and I had my first solo exhibit within 2 years and I have never looked back since. Photography for me is just something that is relaxing and completely natural. It brings me great joy :)




What was your most memorable shoot?
 I have so many that I love but there's one I captured on a whim of my daughter smelling a flower that I just adore! We were on a walk together and it was just a small moment and I felt lucky that I was able to capture it forever.





Do you think photography and graphic design go hand in hand?  
I think being able to do graphic design can enhance what you can do with the presentation of your photographs i.e. creating books, cards, ads, etc. I like being able to do my own work and not rely on someone else.





Does being a graphic designer change the way you take photos?
No not unless I'm working on a specific project but most of the time that never enters my mind. I consider myself a photographer first and a graphic designer second.





What’s your favorite thing to photograph?
I started off as primarily a landscape photographer and then got into covering events and people so I would say it's hard for me to choose. I really enjoy all of it! I started shooting weddings in 2009 and I still get butterflies in my stomach as if it was the first time! I consider it a huge honor that families and couples allow me to be a part of their lives in such a big way :)




We loved having you as a partner for AOTS, why do you think it’s important to partner with community events?
I think it is important to support our local arts community and to make it thrive! We live in a county that is so supportive of the arts and really goes above and beyond to help artists have access to the community and vice versa and it is an amazing partnership. I work on and with numerous arts related events all over Lackawanna County and each and every one of them increase the richness in NEPA and AOTS is no exception!







Find out More about Laura:
Twitter: @organicography
Instagram: @organicography

No comments:

Post a Comment