AOTS pARTner Spotlight: Meet Musician & Electric City Editor Tom Graham

Thursday, July 10, 2014
If you live anywhere in or around Scranton and pay ANY attention to arts or the music scene, you’ve heard of Tom Graham.  Managing Editor of Electric City and very busy musician about town, he’s always on the go, making music and making things happen. We’re so proud to work with Tom and the entire Electric City team.

Writer, musician, graphic designer - jack of all arts, eh?!!  
Yes. Jack of all trades and a master of none. I'm also very good at cutting my grass and flipping an omelette.

Tell us more about yourself and your background.
Born and raised in Moscow Pa. I always loved music and storytelling and knew that a future in which I could use my creativeness and imagination would keep me out of prison and/or the insane asylum.



Where did you go to school?
I studied journalism and creative writing at East Stroudsburg University. I also attended graduate school there, but left to work out west before I could finish. Womp waa. I hate math and math hates me.

What did you do right out of college?  I heard a rumor you were writer at a magazine in California, is that true?
I scored a job writing music stories and dining reviews for a Lake Tahoe CA based magazine called ACTION. I also played music at night. It ruled and I have been back to the west coast several times to visit some old friends and play some shows.



If so…. what brought you back to Scranton?
I came back to Scranton because my father was sick and I needed to be closer to home.

How long have you been playing music?
I have been playing music since fifth grade. I have been in bands and playing music in one form or another for close to 20 years. 



What do you love most about the music and art scene in Scranton?
I love the scene in Scranton because I am constantly pushed and impressed by the amazing amount of talent in our area. Being surrounded by solid people and great art makes for quite an interesting life.


What do you enjoy most about being editor at Electric City?
I have a very big term paper due every week which helps showcase all the great people and events in our area. Who wouldn't love that! Deadlines are good cardio. 



Why are events like Arts on The Square important to our community?
Events like Arts on theSquare are important because not only does it allow the community to be exposed to art in multiple forms, but it also puts a spotlight on some of the faces and personalities that are the busy hearts and souls making these events shine.

You’re always on the move with gigs all over and out of town… what keeps you going?
I really enjoy sleeping in on Sundays. The rest of the week is all systems go! I'm afraid if I slow down or stop, I'll get used to it.

I like the idea of always having another project approaching and the excitement of new possibilities.

Follow Tom Graham
Twitter: @thetomgraham

No comments:

Post a Comment