Arts on the Square: Through the Lens of Eugenia Photography

Sunday, August 18, 2013
Eugenia Nicolini hails from Florida yet now calls NEPA home.  We sat down with her recently to talk about her business and what she loves most about being a photographer in NEPA.  We loved seeing Arts on the Square through this photographer’s unique lens! 
 
Being a Florida native, what do you enjoy most about living and doing business in NEPA?
I love the seasons and how each one offers such a fresh and different approach to life.  Even the holidays seem more holiday-ish when you aren't wearing shorts on Christmas ;)



 How does the Arts Scene compare to where you’re from?
There is a pretty big arts and music scene where I come from. First and third Friday events are popular in the downtown area.  First Friday is art and third Friday is music. 




What got you started in photography?  
I started shooting friends at a young age, around ten; candids mostly. My interest grew through high school into college. When I graduated from college I got a job working for a corporate portrait studio and when I moved to PA in 2011 I decided to open my own studio. This became a reality in 2012! 






What do you enjoy most about being a photographer?
Being able to capture moments for families that I know they will cherish forever. I also love watching kids grow - having a newborn, who then comes for their 3 month portraits, then 6, then first birthday is the best feeling!




What services does your business offer?
I shoot in studio as well as on location anywhere in Lackawanna County. Pets, newborns, babies, senior portraits, families, engagements are some of what I do!





Do you think events like Arts on The Square are important to our area?  Why?
They are, most importantly for the kids. I was raised around art in all forms- painting classes, pottery, music, dance just to name a few my mom put me in. Having all of these aspects in one event where kids are getting the chance to experience the arts scene hopefully will spark their interest to pick something they love!






What was your favorite image captured at Arts on the Square?

A few shots of kids getting involved with the pop up studio and the chalk drawings, as well as the aerial view of the square where you can see a whole bunch of AOTS tents!



Follow Eugenia Nicolini:
Business Name & location: Eugenia Photography in Dunmore 
Originally from: Cape Coral Florida 
Currently Resides: Dunmore 
Facebook: eugeniaphotography

Follow Arts on the Square & ScrantonMade:
Website:  artsonthesquare.net 
Twitter:  ScrantonMade
Instagram: @scrantonmade_blog

Pinterest:  ScrantonMade

No comments:

Post a Comment