Arts on the Square Spotlight: Meet Aline Fernandez of Handmade by Aline

Sunday, July 5, 2015
Aline Fernandez makes stuffed toys with big personality! They make the perfect little friends for the kids in your life and, we think, great décor for stylish adults as well. We’re excited to feature her colorful creations and can’t wait to see them up close at Arts on the Square.
Tell us a little about your company and how you decided to start it.
I am not used to talk about myself, I live a simple life, my business is very small but I have big dreams for it.
In contrary of most people, my grandma didn't teach me how to crochet, I started to crochet about 15 years ago, I picked up a book and taught myself, not the easiest way of learning but I am very happy with my accomplishment and of how far along I have come. I create all my pieces and often recruit my husband and my five year old to stuff the toys arms and legs. I try to keep my material in my tiny closet studio but there is yarn all over the house. I am grateful for my amazing and supportive family. Crochet is addictive.

What type of products do you offer?
I specialize in children’s items, crochet blankets, sweaters, dresses, booties and sandals, hats, scarves, gloves, nursery décor, soft toys, pillows, keepsake memory bears and I have never turned down a custom order.


I love your line of plush dolls and animals. They have so much personality. What inspires them?
I started making soft toys for my younger boy, he has a bunch of bears, frogs and cats and one of each new boy toy created. My boys usually ask me to make a specific toy.  I also use prints and illustrations as inspiration.  The boys give me the final approval and they also test the durability of the prototype.
What are your favorite materials to work with?
I mainly work with cotton fabric and acrylic yarn. I like the way the two different textures look together; they are soft and pretty


What are you planning to feature at Arts on the Square?
I am so excited for the opportunity to be part of the Arts on the Square, I will be bringing my snuggle lovey blankets, lots of soft toys and some winter collection samples.
Where else can readers find your work?
You can find my product at the beautiful Willow Tree Shop located on. S. State St in Clarks Summit. I also sell on Etsy.

Find out more about Aline:

Instagram: @handmadebyaline 

2 comments:

  1. Mr Pedro went above and beyond their requirements to assist me with my loan which I used to expand my pharmacy business,They were friendly, professional, and absolute gems to work with.I will recommend anyone looking for loan to contact. pedroloanss@gmail.com.WhatsApp ..+ 1-863-231-0632.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's an amazing blog with full of information specially, your collection of meaningfull words and here's affordable men's leather wallets available now at leatherSR.

    ReplyDelete