Introducing Ashley Kujat, Designer, Illustrator and newest member of the Arts on the Square Team!

Tuesday, May 27, 2014
We love working with creative college students, such as designer & illustrator Ashley Kujat. Ashley is a Graphic Design student at Marywood University and has already won an ADDY award from the NEPA AAF.  Ashley has been designing some of the fun social promo banners for this year’s Arts on the Square and has fast become an invaluable member of the ScrantonMade team.  


Hello Ashley!   We’re so excited to be working with you for AOTS and want to find out even more about you and your work!  


Tell us more about your design and illustration background.  What made you want to go into this line of work?


I was always interested in drawing when I was younger, so I think I always wanted to pursue some sort of path in illustration or design.  I decided to go to school for graphic design because I couldn’t see myself not creating art.  I thought graphic design would be the most versatile way to get started.




What is your favorite thing about doing design work?


You can create anything you want. If you can imagine it in your head, you can put it down on paper.  My favorite part about creating is seeing someone appreciate it when it is all finished.  It is such a great feeling to see someone react to your work.  It makes everything worthwhile.




Who is your dream client and what would you be doing for them?  


My dream client is anyone who is interested in and loves my work.  There are so many people I would be honored to work with. From apparel design and web design for the Drop Dead Co to packaging design for Yards Brewing Co, I would love to help develop their image.




Do you have any advice for someone considering studying design or illustration?


Yes, keep doing what you are doing! Never stop creating.  The more you practice what you love, the better and more experienced you will be. Don’t be afraid to take risks and explore the art world outside of your comfort zone.


Why were you excited to work with Arts on the Square?


AOTS is a great opportunity to be involved with getting the art community together and bringing awareness of the arts to the public. Its really fun to work with awesome people!  

Pictured: some of Ashley's graphics for Arts on the Square


Thank you, Ashley, for all your hard work & dedication to making Arts on the Square a success!


Follow Ashley Kujat:
Instagram: @kooyacht
Twitter: @kooyacht


Follow Arts on the Square:
Twitter: @scrantonmade
Instagram @scrantonmade_blog

No comments:

Post a Comment